If you’ve come across a Talent Q aptitude test you might have experienced the feeling that this test is unlike other aptitude tests you’ve previously taken… and you’re probably not mistaken! Talent Q’s tests have some unique features that separate them from other popular assessment companies. Recognising these features and the difficulties they generate could help you prepare for the real thing.
What are those features?
- First and foremost, Talent Q’s tests are adaptive. Adaptive testing means that you and a fellow candidate, both applying for the same job, may start the same test at the same time. However, your test experience will be entirely different. The reason for this is that the test adapts itself to the person taking it, exposing him/her to different questions based on their personal skills level. Difficulty: How do you prepare for this type of test when you are unable to predict the level of difficulty and the nature of questions?
- Secondly, Talent Q’s questions (verbal, numerical and logical) are known to be loaded with an abundance of stimuli, making it hard to concentrate on the relevant details. For example, Talent Q’s Numerical tests will include a big table packed with information, 99% of which is irrelevant to the question you have been asked to solve. Difficulty: How do you deal with this amount of information while limited to about one minute per question?
- Thirdly, the style of the test is unique. In the logical tests, for example, you will be asked to find the missing sequence in a matrix rather than a row. In the verbal test, you are likely to encounter a lengthy passage and will have to cope with questions that require choosing more than one answer choice. In the numerical test as well as the logical test you will have to choose the answer out of numerous options. Difficulty: How do you prepare for a test which is so different and unfamiliar?
What should you do?
Schleicher et al found that the more novel a test is (i.e. the newer or more unusual a test is for the applicants), the more practise ahead of time can help achieve a better outcome on the test day.
In other words, if you have never done this type of test before, every part of the test will be a learning experience, making it harder to succeed.
That is why practising specific Talent Q style tests is so important. Generic reasoning tests are simply not enough!
Here, at JobTestPrep, we offer you the ultimate preparation pack for Talent Q psychometric tests (both Elements and Aspects):
- Tailored Talent Q-style tests – so you can get familiarised with the style and unique features Talent Q’s tests offer (time frames, question types, etc).
- Each test session includes a range of difficulty levels (basic to advanced) so you can get exposure to a variety of questions, helping you reach your full potential.
- Accompanying video tutorials teach you how to overcome the specific complexities of Talent Q’s tests – so you get an edge over other candidates!
For more information about our tailored Talent Q packs go to: https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/talent-q-tests.
Talent Q and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with JobTestPrep or this website.