Applying to law firms is a little different
Some application forms provide space for you to present this information – make sure you use it. Some forms will ask you to include this softer information in the covering letter, or in an actual question contained on the form.
As in a CV where you list all forms of work experience, the application form asks you to list all your work experience as well. Non-law work experience is valuable if you demonstrate how you have gained transferable skills which will improve your abilities as a lawyer. What skills did you learn through your previous work experience? For example, did you work with customers, work within a team as part of your day to day role, or communicate regularly with customers and other people outside your team?
- Training Contract and Vacation Scheme Application Tips
- Before You Start Your Law Firm Vacation Scheme or Training Contract Application Form
- Common Law Questions on Your Law Firm Application Form
- How to Answer Questions About Yourself
- Answering Competency Questions
- Commercial Law Questions and Answers
- Filling in Your Work Experience
- Word Count Limits
- How to Write a Law Cover Letter
- At the End of Your Law Firm Application Form
- Download the Complete Guide to Vacation Schemes & Training Contracts Applications