Many top law firm application forms ask what look like the same questions. However, each company you apply to is unique, and is looking for slightly different information. What fits for one firm may not fit for another.
Some of the common questions you can expect to see on an application form, and throughout the law firm recruitment process:
- Why have you chosen the law?
- Why have you chosen to apply to work with us?
- Which other firms have you applied to work with, and why?
- Tell us about any positions of authority or responsibility you have had.
- Tell us about your most significant achievements.
- Give three examples of work experience relevant to a career in law. (Eversheds)
- Provide four examples of positions of responsibility you have held. (Eversheds)
Some advice from recruiters:Berwin Leighton Paisner advise that you think about what your achievements say about you. Do they show you to be adventurous, or to take on new challenges?
Use examples from your studies, work experience, or your past to illustrate your answers. Back up your answers to explain why you are good at something, don’t just say that you are good at something.
Try to include the specific criteria they are looking for in your answers. Use your own examples to show how you fit those criteria. Freshfields remind you to use your own words. Anyone can use a cliché.
Table of Contents
- Training Contract and Vacation Scheme Application Tips
- Before You Start Your Law Firm Vacation Scheme or Training Contract Application Form
- Common Law Questions on Your Law Firm Application Form
- How to Answer About Your Questions
- Answering Competency Questions
- Commercial Law Questions and Answers
- Filling in Your Work Experience
- Word Limits
- How to Write a Law Cover Letter
- At the End of Your Law Firm Application Form
- Download the complete guide to vacation schemes and training contracts applications
~ JobTestPrep Team ~