Throughout your job search you may encounter diagrammatical or spatial reasoning tests. There are some similarities between them but in actual fact they are aimed at two distinctly different groups. In this blog we will explain what they are, their target audience, and the difference between the two of them.
Diagrammatical Reasoning Tests
- For a list of different types of SHL Diagrammatical reasoning tests see our page on the SHL Diagrammatical reasoning tests.
- For Cubiks diagrammatic reasoning go here.
- For Saville diagrammatic reasoning go here.
In general, there are three different skills that candidates are assessed on in a diagrammatical reasoning test and these are outlined below. They are the ability to:
- Identify different causes to understand missing inputs of a logical sequence.
- Understand logical rules.
- Infer a set of rules from a chart and to apply these rules to new situations.
Spatial Reasoning Tests
- The ability to estimate lengths and angles,
- The ability to rotate shapes mentally, and
- The ability to understand the correlation between two and three dimensional shapes.
In summaryWe have seen that there are similarities and differences between diagrammatical reasoning tests and spatial reasoning test. Both of these tests measure cognitive abilities and are non-verbal tests. Moreover, both of these tests could be used to hire a single candidate for a single position. However, whilst diagrammatic reasoning tests are used in a more general sense, assessing candidates’ logical thinking ability and are used in the main by those working in a computer based environment, spatial reasoning tests are used in more “hands on” positions such as engineers.
How can we help?At JobTestPrep we have a plethora of resources covering diagrammatical reasoning tests as well as spatial reasoning tests. These tests can be taken in a timed test environment or in an untimed manner giving you the opportunity to fully think through your answers before tackling a timed test. What this means for you is that when you actually come to take the tests you will be fully prepared both in terms of content and with the ability to work fast under time pressure.
With our help and guidance we are sure that you will be able to perform your best in your next job application. Looking forward to hearing your positive reply after using our products. Good luck!